Our fourth graders have been taking the PARCC (PARTNERSHIP FOR ASSESSMENT OF READINESS FOR COLLEGE AND CAREERS) test this week. This is a 7 part test in math and language arts. Students take the test on the computer in third and fourth grade. Next week, our third graders will begin testing. I’m proud of all the students’ hard work.
· Third and fourth graders will have the opportunity to sing down on the field at the Cardinals game on April 25th. Tickets are 15 dollars each. Invite your whole family. For each ticket that you purchase, you will be entered into a drawing for some great Cardinals items. Any questions, can be directed to Ms. Thoman, our music teacher at email@example.com. The tickets are available to everyone—not just third and fourth grade students.
· The annual fourth grade musical will be the evening of March 28th at the high school.
· Cookie dough will be delivered to Renfro on Thursday, April 6th. Please pick your orders up between 2:45 and 5:30 that evening. It’s frozen cookie dough that must be picked up on that day. We do not have storage space for any leftovers. Thank you for such a great fundraiser. We made over 7000 dollars.
· Our Talent show will be held Thursday, April 27th in the evening. Try-outs for that event will be held on April 4th and 6th. Information was sent out earlier this week. Permission slips must be turned in for that by Monday, April 3rd. We will not accept late permission slips.
· Kindergarten enrollment is April 7th at the Annex on Clay Street. Tell your friends and neighbors who have upcoming kindergartners.
· Thank you for purchasing candy grams. Through that sale, we were able to donate over 600 dollars to a Renfro family who recently suffered a loss. Thank you for always pulling together. We have such an incredible school community.
· The last day of school for this school year is Tuesday, May 23rd.
· Teacher appreciation week is the first week of May. It’s always a nice time to write a letter to your child’s teacher with a few words of appreciation.
· May 19th is our school carnival day. We need lots of volunteers for this day. Information will come out much later about this.
· Our spring book fair will be the week of April 3rd. We will need volunteers that entire week to help us. We will have an evening event that week on Thursday, April 6th. Please send that form back in if you are able to help during book fair week.
· April 15th is the last day to order your school yearbook online through www.jostens.com
· Any fourth graders who are interested in joining band for the 17/18 school year, there will be a band night on May 2nd at 7 pm in the DIS gym. Any questions can be directed to band director, Nick Calza at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Our spring break will be from April 13th to April 17th.
“The best predictor of success is a sense of resiliency, grit, capacity to fail and get up. If you're prevented from feeling discomfort of failure, you have no sense of how to handle those things at all.”