· Girls Run Renfro will begin for 3rd and 4th graders on Monday, Feb. 27th.
· There will be a school board meeting on Monday, Feb. 27th at 6:30. I anticipate interesting discussions about the district budget. Those meetings are always open to the public.
· If you are not purchasing spring pictures, please send those back in as soon as possible.
· Marco’s pizza night is Wednesday, March 1st.
· Ms. Thoman will have a “watch week” for music class the week of March 13th. She is inviting parents/families in to see what lessons look like in the music classroom. More information will come home soon about this. We’d love to have you here for music class.
· Kindergarten enrollment is April 7th at the Annex on Clay Street. Tell your friends and neighbors who have upcoming kindergartners.
· Next year’s school calendar is on the kahoks.org website.
· Jump Rope for Heart (American Heart Association) has begun. This charity fundraiser will run through tomorrow, Feb. 24th.
· Our next Papa John’s night is Thursday, March 9th.
· We will observe Casimir Pulaski day on March 6th. No school on that day.
· Our spring book fair will be the week of April 3rd. We will need volunteers that entire week to help us. We will have an evening event that week on Thursday, April 6th. There will be more details later but if you’d like to mark your calendars now, that’d be great!
· Our 3rd/4th grade standardized test, PARCC (Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers) will begin on March 20th. More details will come home about this for the upper grades.
· The annual fourth grade musical will be the evening of March 28th at the high school.
· Any fourth graders who are interested in joining band for the 17/18 school year, there will be a band night on May 2nd at 7 pm in the DIS gym. Any questions can be directed to band director, Nick Calza at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Our spring break will be from April 13th to April 17th.
· We will begin selling cookie dough for our big spring fundraiser on March 2nd. All orders and money will be due March 16th. More information will come home in the upcoming weeks. The money raised from this directly supports materials for the classrooms and rewards for students
· You can go to Jostens.com to order a yearbook for the 16/17 school year. We will not be sending home order forms this year. You can do everything online or call 1 800 358 0800.