We’ve had another fantastic week at Renfro. We have enrolled 10 new students in just the past 2 weeks. It’s always fun to welcome new faces to our school community. Renfro’s current enrollment is 602 students. That’s a lot of smiling faces and unique personalities and I couldn’t be happier about it! We are so fortunate in Collinsville to have classroom size limits—20 in Pre-K, 24 in Kinder through 3rd grade and 28 in 4th grade. Thank you for asking and answering one another’s questions on our Renfro PTA Facebook page. I love our school family!
· Please check out the district website for inclement weather procedures.
· Spring pictures will be Tuesday, February 7th. We will send home more information soon.
· Kickin’ it with the Boys (our after school martial arts program) will begin on Monday, January 30th. We will have the program on Mondays and Fridays this year. Please get those permission slips turned in tomorrow or call up to Renfro and request another one.
· Ms. Thoman is inviting parents into the music room with their child(ren) in March. This is an opportunity for you to come see what your child does during music class at Renfro. More information will come home at a later date.
· The monthly school board meeting is Monday, January 23rd at 6:30.
· Jump Rope for Heart (American Heart Association) will begin January 30th. We will have an assembly to kick off this charity fundraiser on 1/26.
· We will begin selling cookie dough for our big spring fundraiser in February. This is sold by the tub and needs to be prepaid. More information will come home at the beginning of February.
· Young Author’s books are due to your child’s teacher tomorrow, January 20th.
· Renfro gear (t-shirts, hoodies, sweatshirts) order forms went home last week. We will be accepting orders on those through tomorrow, Friday, Jan. 20th. Electronic copies of the order form are on the school website and also on our PTA Facebook page.
· Keep collecting Boxtops for Education. Those are due by Friday, February 17th.
can go to Jostens.com to order a yearbook for the 16/17 school year. We will not be sending home order forms this
year. You can do everything online or call 1 800 358 0800.